Jeremiah & Lamentations: An Expositional Commentary
Audio Download - $39.13 ($45.00 incl. GST)
MP3 CD-ROM - $43.48 ($50.00 incl. GST)
Note: GST will be added for NZ orders during checkout.
Here is one of the bravest, and most tender, yet most pathetic figures in all history: a patriot as well as a prophet. He is known as the "Weeping Prophet": he watched his nation decline and finally fall under God's judgment. During Jeremiah's 40 years of ministry, he never received a hint of gratitude.
As one of the most important of the "Major Prophets," Jeremiah is a rich, rewarding study. It is full of surprises, deeply touching episodes, and extremely moving reading. It is also, in many ways, profoundly timely for us today!
The book of Lamentations is also included on this commentary. The book of Lamentations is a complete book in itself, a five-chapter book that is sort of an appendix to the book of Jeremiah. The book of Lamentations is his outpouring, where he essentially mourns for Jerusalem. The poor guy on the one hand was faithful in his office as a prophet, he told forth what God had told him to tell forth, and Jerusalem was going to be judged for her iniquity. On the other hand, Jeremiah was a patriot, his roots were there and his emotional commitment to Judah was absolutely uncompromising.
This study contains 22 hours of verse by verse teachings.
Copyright © 11-01-2000
- Jeremiah 1: Introduction. Historical Overview. The Call.
- Jeremiah 2-5: Remarriage. The Ark, Return to Me. Babylon
- Jeremiah 6-8: Temple Discourses. Idolatry and the Temple. Shiloh.
- Jeremiah 9 & 10: Diaspora. Professional Mourners. Poem of the Dead Reaper.
- Jeremiah 11 -14: Plot to Assassinate. The Prosperity of the Wicked. Linen Belt.
- Jeremiah 15-18: Widows. Withdrawal from Daily Life. The Heart is Wicked. Potter's House.
- Jeremiah 19-21 : Foreign gods. Pashur. Zedekiah's Oracle.
- Jeremiah 22 & 23 : Throne of David. Shallum. Blood Curse. A Righteous Branch. Against False Prophets.
- Jeremiah 24 & 25: 2 Baskets of Figs. Ezekiel's 430 Years. 70 Years.
- Jeremiah 26 -29: Trial for Heresy. Urijah the Prophet. Message to Ambassadors. Nebuchadnezzar, God's Servant. Temple Vessels. Hananiah. Letters.
- Jeremiah 30:1-31:30: Time of Jacob's Trouble. David's Throne.
- Jeremiah 31:31-40: New Covenant in Contrast with Old.
- Jeremiah 32: Ancient Title Insurance. Lev 25:23. Buy a Field. Title Deed to the Earth. Deut 13.
- Jeremiah 33-36: Concludes Book of Consolation. Laws of Slave Trade. City to be Burned. Rechabites.
- Jeremiah 37-39: Jeremiah's Experiences During Siege of Jerusalem.
- Jeremiah 40-44: Events after the Fall. Ishmael's Treachery. Gedaliah is warned. Flight to Egypt. Accusation on Baruch.
- Jeremiah 45-49: Ten Nations Judged. Egypt. Philistia. Tyre & Sidon. Nations Judged. Moab. Ammon. Edom Damascus. Kedar & Hazor. Elam. Nebuchadnezzar.
- Jeremiah 50 & 51: Against Babylon. Everlasting Covenant. Vengeance by the Kinsman.
- Jeremiah 52: Historical Appendix. Zedekiah. Evil-Mardoch. Lamentations.
- Lamentations 1 - 2
- Lamentations 3 - 5
Session 1 of 21 - Jeremiah 1: Introduction. Historical Overview. The Call.
Available in the following formats:Audio Download:
- Digital Audio Files
- Handbook (PDF Study Notes)
- Digital Audio Files on Disc
- Handbook (PDF Study Notes) on Disc
Chuck Missler was the Founder of Koinonia House and Koinonia Institute. It was Chuck’s vision for this ministry that brings us together. His aim was to stimulate us to dig into the Bible ourselves because as we study there is a real opportunity for us to encounter the God of the Universe. Chuck passed away on May 1st, 2018.
We Also Recommend
Entire Bible (MP3 Audio Commentary set)
Old Testament Commentary Collection
Old Testament Commentary Mixed Format Collection